Generate your SBI ATM PIN Through SBI ATM, SMS, Customer care service and Internet Banking services .....
How to Generate your SBI ATM PIN:
Earlier, when a new user requested for ATM, SBI used to send PIN mailers which helps in hiding the PIN number where the customers can scratch off the panel to view the PIN.
With current technologies, SBI has also updated its facilities in a much more convenient way for its users.
SBI offers a Green PIN facility to all its customers replacing the traditional PIN generation methods. Customers can generate their existing/new debit card or credit card PIN on their own in an easy and convenient way.
This PIN helps in securing your SBI account from any unauthenticated transactions as you need to enter the unique 4 digits SBI PIN to complete any withdrawals, online transactions, and POS transactions.
Note: Green PIN which is sent to your registered mobile through an SMS is not the actual PIN. Once you have received it, you need to use the same PIN to generate the actual PIN.
Generate SBI ATM PIN:
SBI existing or new account holders are provided with various methods to generate the Green PIN which in turn is used to generate the actual PIN. Customers can also generate PIN for SBI credit cards using the same methods.
Ways of SBI ATM PIN Generate
Through SBI ATM Vestibule
You can visit any nearest ATM vestibule
With your registered phone number you can generate a green pin through the phone
Through Customer Care Service
You can call SBI customer support at 080-26599990, for assistance in generating a PIN
Through Internet Banking Services
You can use the SBI official portal and internet banking to generate your PIN
How to Generate SBI ATM Card PIN at SBI ATM Centre?
Visit any one of the nearest SBI ATM Centre after receiving your SBI ATM debit or credit card. Follow the steps mentioned below to generate a new SBI Green PIN by ATM.
- Insert the debit/credit card in the ATM machine
- Choose PIN Generation option
- On the next page, you will need to enter your 11 digit account number to confirm credentials.
- Enter the account number and click Confirm
- Next, enter your registered mobile number for verification purpose and press Confirm
- After successful verification, you can see the screen with message 'Your Green PIN will be delivered shortly to your registered mobile number on success of your transaction'
- Click Confirm to receive the Green PIN. You can see another message stating 'Your Green PIN generation transaction successful. You will receive your PIN shortly on your registered mobile number'
- Then, you will receive a message on your phone with One Time PIN (OTP) that is valid for 2 days.
Remove and re-insert your SBI debit/credit card and follow the below steps to generate your unique ATM card PIN using the Green PIN which is OTP.
- · Select Banking after re-inserting the SBI card
- · Select your language based on the available options
- · On the next screen, enter the OTP you have received on your registered mobile number
- · From the Select Transaction menu select PIN Change option
- · Set your new four-digit PIN of your choice by entering it
- · Enter the same to re-confirm the PIN
- · After completing the process successfully, you will see a message 'Your PIN has been changed successfully'
You can now use the new PIN for all your SBI card usages such as cash withdrawal, online transactions, purchases at retail stores.
How to Generate SBI ATM PIN via SMS?
You can easily generate the Green PIN by sending a simple SMS from your registered mobile number. All you have to do is to follow the below series to send the message.
SMS PIN <ABCD><1234> to 567676
ABCD represents the last four digits of your debit card number and 1234 represents the last four digits of your bank account number linked to the debit card.
Once you have sent the SMS, you will receive an OTP to the same number which is valid for 2 days. You can use this OTP to generate or change your debit card PIN by visiting any of the nearest SBI ATM.
How to generate SBI ATM PIN by calling SBI Helpline Number
You can also call the SBI customer care to generate Green PIN.
Using your registered mobile number, call SBI Helpline on
1800 425 3800
1800 11 2211
- · Select your preferred language
- · Select ATM and Prepaid Card Services option by pressing 2
- · Next press 1 to generate Green PIN
- · Now, you will be asked to enter your debit card number. Enter the number and press 1 to confirm
- · Enter your 11 digit SBI account number linked to the debit card and confirm it by pressing 1
- · After successful verification, you will receive an SMS with One Time PIN (OTP) that is valid for 2 days.
- · Within 2 days, you can visit any SBI ATM center and select Banking > PIN Change option to change your actual PIN
How to generate SBI ATM PIN through Internet Banking?
Unlike the above three methods, you don't have to visit SBI ATM to generate the actual PIN with the Internet banking option. It allows you to generate the PIN from your SBI Internet Banking account.
If you are a new user, you can find the details of your Internet Banking in the Welcome Kit. Existing SBI internet banking customers can follow the below steps to generate the debit or credit card PIN online.
- · Visit the SBI Internet Banking portal
- · Login to your SBI account using your online banking account credentials
- · Select e-Services from the Main menu
- · Then select ATM Card Services
- · On the next page, you should be able to see ATM PIN Generation option. Tap on it.
- · You will be redirected to a new page where you need to enter any two digits of your choice to create a new PIN. Enter the digits and click on the button Submit
- · You will then receive a message to your registered mobile number with 2 digits.
- · On the next page, you will need to enter the 2 digits you have entered earlier and the 2 digits you have received through SMS.
- · Tap Submit after entering 4 digits
- · You will now be able to view a message which says that your ATM PIN has been changed successfully
After creating the new PIN, you need to activate the card to update the PIN. Go to e-Services from the home page and select ATM Card Services.
Click New ATM Card Activation to activate the card. The card will only be activated by doing a first transaction at any SBI ATM.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I generate SBI ATM PIN at home?
Yes, you can easily generate your SBI ATM PIN with a single SMS or through online banking. Send SMS PIN<last 4 digits of ATM card><last 4 digits of account number> to 567676.
You can also give a call to 1800 1234, 1800 425 3800, 1800 2100, 1800 11 3322 and request for PIN generation. You can also use the SBI internet banking option to change your PIN.
How can I get my PIN?
Usually, PIN mailers are sent to the cardholders address via postal service or through courier. Few banks started handing the PINs directly to the customers which is included in the welcome kit. However, if the customer wants to change/generate a new PIN for any reason, then you may need to visit the bank branch to submit ATM PIN generation request.
Do I need to generate ATM PIN to use the debit card?
Yes, it is necessary to generate an SBI ATM PIN in order to use your debit card for future transactions.
What is SBI Green PIN?
Green PIN eliminated the traditional PIN mailers and helps SBI account holders to generate debit/credit card PIN through SMS, Internet banking, ATM, or IVR on their own, without having the need to visit the bank.
Can I change my SBI ATM PIN?
Yes, you can change or update your SBI ATM PIN anytime. You can do it through various methods like internet banking, mobile banking app, ATM, SMS, or by calling the customer care service.
Can the OTP be sent to a mobile number that is not registered with the bank?
No. SBI will send the OTP only to the mobile number that is associated with a particular debit card and account. If you want to change your mobile number, you need to update the details of your bank account.